Using Hypnotherapy to Heal: Look into my eyes – You are feeling sleepy!
De-bunking the myths + fears of hypnosis
The days of misunderstanding hypnosis are over! Yippee! We have choices in this modern day + age. Disciplines are merging + recognizing each other. We reap the benefits. And so are blessed!Understanding has replaced fear of this highly effective complementary therapy.
Using Hypnotherapy to Heal: Hypnosis, also known as Clinical Hypnosis and/or Hypnotherapy refers to three states or stages:
- The first stage ‘trance’ relates to the whole experience. The trance-state is like day-dreaming. It is often described as focused attention. For example when you become oblivious to noise as you are studying so hard. Not even noticing what’s going on in the same room. This state of focused attention or trance is not a sleep state as many people think. Instead, it’s actually a highly aware state. Aha!
‘Trance’ is a natural process that occurs around every 90 minutes or so as part of the natural ultradian rhythm. (1)
Using Hypnotherapy to Heal makes the most of this natural rhythm.
2. ‘Hypnosis’ means the process. This process involves relaxing. By being guided or guiding oneself into a highly relaxed yet aware state. This is called induction. Then deepening techniques are used. This encourages the mind to become focused while relaxed, the trance state.
(Not so scary now!)
3. The ‘Hypnotherapy’ state is simply the process of using the trance state for healing. Hence, using hypnotherapy for healing. Here’s an example for you. Once relaxed + in a focused state of awareness, we can use positive affirmations. This leads to a sense of well-being.
The state of well-being increases endorphins. So, these are our feel-good hormones. And you start to heal naturally. Now, this state of being makes us open + receptive to positive messages when we want to make changes to behavior. And then, with repetition, it leads to healthy changes in behavior.
One session fixes all. Sorry, not true.
The relaxation process of trance, hypnosis + hypnotherapy leads to improved circulation. As you enter trance you breathe deeper. Above all, there’s an overall improvement in health + well-being.
Then, by adding a positive + affirming message you increase the potential of making positive changes.
Hypnotherapy or hypnosis therefore doesn’t work with just one session. But needs repeated sessions to reinforce the positive changes. Hypnosis is a holistic therapy, because it impacts physical, mental, emotions + spirit.
Similarly, hypnotherapy is often used to modify or change behavior. But it can also be used to change emotional content. Even attitudes. As well as a wide range of holistic conditions. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- dysfunctional habits,
- stress-related illness,
- pain management,
- and personal development.
However, it is used as a preventative holistic tool. As a result, hypnotherapy may be used by anyone to help improve health + well-being.
The three ways to use Hypnotherapy in your life:
- One-on-one sessions with a Registered or Licensed Professional Hypnotherapist. This can be in person, by phone or by Skype/Facetime etc.
- Self-hypnosis is a highly effective way to make changes + use the power of positive affirmations
- Professional MP3s + CDs. This approach combines the benefits of the two above ways. You are required to discipline yourself to using the audio tool + have the benefits of being professionally guided.
When using a Professional Hypnotherapist your sessions can be personalized to your specific needs. I always personalize my client sessions. No cookie-cutter therapy here! However, clients also are using hypnotherapy for healing at home.
Mass produced audios are more generic, but play a role in holistic healthcare.
(BTW: To self-hypnotize I recommend taking training with a professional hypnotherapist. I can teach you in one easy session. A tool that lasts for life.)
I offer professional hypnotherapy sessions, a series of CDs and MP3s along with one-on-one training to self-hypnotize. MP3s are available for instant download. CDs can be ordered and mailed.
Contact me, Jacqueline for more information or to make an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-883-3842.
Using Hypnotherapy for Healing:
- Stress, anxiety conditions, headaches
- Stomach aches, back aches
- Chronic pain, cardiac arrhythmias, hypertension, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, ciliary spasm, Meniere’s disease, Raynaud’s disease
- Insomnia, sleep disorders, periodic/restless leg movement syndromes, sleep paralysis, narcolepsy
- Habit management including smoking, weight management, toricollis, enuresis, paruresis.
- Childbirth and postpartum care, vaginismus, dysmenorrhea, emotional amenorrhea, menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), dyspareunia, neurodermatitis
- AND OF COURSE: phobias including dental, flying, spiders etc., neuroses and some psychoses, some character disorders(2)